What if I told you that you could eat a Snickers without the guilt and it was full of ingredients that are good for you? This is the ultimate guilt-free treat, that only takes 5 minutes to create and tastes amazing. It is also gluten and dairy free, so no one in my family misses out. I am a huge fan of chocolate and mint so I have incorporated my doTERRA Peppermint essential oil for a minty kick. You can thank me later.
Prep time: 5 m
Set time: 1 h
- 1 cup natural unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted macadamia nuts
- 3 tbs natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 90g organic dark chocolate (I use Green & Blacks brand from Woolworths)
- Combined and blitz peanuts, cashews and macadamia nuts in a food processor to a medium crumble.
- Place peanut butter, vanilla extract, salt, coconut oil and maple syrup into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add nut crumble mix to the bowl and mix until the nuts are well coated in the sticky mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Line a bread tin with baking paper and pour the nut mixture into the tin, spreading out evenly with a spatula to form the bottom of the slice.
- Mix two drops of doTERRA Peppermint essential oil into the melted chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate and spread evenly over the nut mix.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to set, once set remove from tin and cut into square serving sizes to eat.
Note – once cut store in an air tight container in the freezer and remove when ready to eat to avoid it melting.